Outstanding opportunity for a person with exceptional account management skills to join a well-established, award-winning landscape design / construction and maintenance company located in North Oakville.
- Responsible to lead, develop and instruct employees.
- Must be dedicated to customer service, proficient in turf and lawn care, knowledge of equipment and use of equipment, able to delegate and manage several projects at once.
- Must be able to sell the companies services and maintain a client base.
- Able to adhere to OSHA regulations, WHIMIS, ESA.
- Knowledge of MSDS for safe handling of fertilizers and other chemicals.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent quality results and service while maintaining budgeted productivity.
- Complete tender bids on contracts for landscaping and grounds maintenance work.
- Plan and estimate the materials and labour requirements for individual contracts.
- Meet and participate in client meetings off-site.
- Establish work schedules and procedures and coordinate activities with your work unit.
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports.
- Conduct performance reviews in a respectful manner.
- Conduct disciplinary meeting when needed.
- Must have a G license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Ability to work long hours during peak season.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have at least 4 years experience in managing people in the industry.
- High degree of knowledge in horticulture or alternatively a certificate in horticulture and/or be a Certified Landscape Technician (CLT).
- Knowledge of plant identification a must.
- Knowledge on how to use the following a safe manor: hedge sheers, sod cutters, pruning saws, chainsaws, mowing equipment, string and bush trimmers, power blowers, turf rollers and hand tools (shovels, rakes, pruning shears, saws, soil cultivators, etc.).
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Problem solving expertise.
- Able to delegate work effectively.
- Must be highly dependable.
We are offering year round employment with compensation to commensurate with experience.
We thank you for your interest in our company. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted!