This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual looking to gain experience in the landscaping industry. International Landscaping Inc. has been a leader in the industry since 1991, and continues to innovate and deliver award-winning service in design, maintenance and construction. ILI also prides itself on sustainability, and is continuously striving to find ways to reduce their environmental impact. We are looking for individuals who want to explore a career in landscaping who are sustainably minded, and who are ready to work hard and learn a lot. At ILI we want to offer you the opportunity to help us grow through growing your own skills
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct lawn care services such as deep root fertilization, weed control, aeration, seeding, etc.
- Participate in training, allocation of resources, and budgetary management.
- Assist with loading/unloading of trucks/equipment throughout the day.
- Coordinate/schedule work with some level of autonomy.
- Communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, managers, etc.
- Assist with the operation of liquid de-icing equipment at commercial and industrial sites. This includes, but is not limited to, liquid spray trucks, liquid-equipped ATVs/RTV, backpack spray tanks, etc. (winter only)
- Responsible for application of salt brine, beet-juice based de-icer, and other liquid de-icers to parking lot and walkway surfaces (winter only)
- Accurately monitor and report application rates, and provide feedback to the rest of the team on development of better strategies for application.
- Participate in the calibration and active maintenance of equipment to ensure accurate information tracking and effective application of liquids.
- Participate in data tracking pertaining to: salt reduction, pesticide and fertilizer reduction response time, quality of service, etc.
- Pesticide applicators license is a requirement.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with fertilizers, weed control agents, etc.
- Strong organizational, mathematic and logistical skills are required.
- Experience working independently, meeting tight deadlines, and managing your own resources, equipment and materials.
- Belief in sustainable approach to turf and environmental management is a requirement.
- Experience working with and managing crews is an asset.
- Experience working with liquid de-icers, and liquid anti-icing equipment is an asset.
- Experience with winter maintenance in general is an asset.
- Degree in horticulture, turf management, or a related field is an asset.
- DZ/AZ license is an asset. Full G license is a base level requirement.
We are offering year-round employment with compensation commensurate with experience.
We thank you for your interest in our company. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted!